The Outer Banks Triathlon
Welcome 2013 TRIathletes!
2013 will be a great year and another great Outer Banks Triathlon! One of the best venues on the East Coast. Don't miss out in 2013! Bring your friends, family and join the adventure!
Featuring an Olympic Distance and Half Distance on Saturday and a Sprint Distance on Sunday. Start and finish next to the Dare County Regional Airport and the North Carolina Aquarium. Thank you all 2012 Triathletes! It was a great event and you were amazing and inspirational.
- Sunday September 22, 2012 = 750M / 13.5MI / 5KOLYMPIC
- Saturday September 21, 2013 = 1500M / 24.5MI / 10KHALF
- Saturday September 21, 2013 = 1.2MI / 56MI / 13.1 MI
Our volunteers were unsurpassed in their commitment to the weekends' activities! We appreciate your efforts on our behalf.
• • OBSE will have terrific 2013 Triathlon retail items available for purchase.
• The Outer Banks Triathlon is USAT Sactioned. All athletes are required to purchase the one-day USAT insurance license or show evidence of their current USAT membership.
*Bring your USAT membership card with you.
• THE POST-RACE AFTER-PARTY FEATURES:
o FREE PARTICIPANT Beer -
o FREE PARTICIPANT Food - NC BBQ!
o Spectator Food is available for purchase Hot Dogs-BBQ-SODA
The swim portion will start at the Old Swimming Hole location next to the Dare County Airport on Roanoke Island. Swimmers will enjoy panoramic views of the Croatan Sound and the Virginia Dare Memorial Bridge and Manns Harbor Bridge.
The bike will be an out and back course on a smooth flat road outside of Manteo and into Mashoes. (yes Mashoes:-) ). The bike portion features a rolling hill over the Manns Harbor Bridge; a 2.65 mile long bridge over the Croatan sound. There is very little traffic and abundant views of the soundside marsh and wetlands.
The runs will be flat out and back through the Airport and around the Manteo area. The Course offers a beauriful tour of Mother Vineyard area and the north end of beautiful Roanoke Island. This is a predominantly shaded course.
Join the adventure held during the most beautiful time of year on the Outer Banks of North Carolina!